PART – A
C Language Features
1. Pointers: Concepts, Pointer variables, Accessing variables through pointers, Pointer declaration and definition, Initialization of pointer variables, Pointers and functions, Pointer to pointers, Compatibility, Lvalue and Rvalue, Arrays and pointers, Pointer arithmetic and arrays, Passing an array to a function, Understanding complex declarations, Memory allocation functions, Array of pointers.
2. Strings: String concepts, C strings, String I/O functions, Array of strings, String manipulation function, Memory formatting.
3. Derived types-Enumerated, Structure, and Union: The type definition, Enumerated types, Structure, Accessing structures, Complex structures, Array of structures, Structures and functions, Unions
4. Binary Files: Classification of Files, Using Binary Files, Standard Library Functions for Files
5. The Stack: Definition and Examples, Representing Stacks in C, An Example – Infix, Postfix, and Prefix
6. Recursion: Recursive Definition and Processes, Recursion in C, Writing Recursive Programs, Simulating Recursion, Efficiency of Recursion
7. Queues: The Queue and its Sequential Representation
PART – B
8. Lists: Linked Lists,
Lists in C,
An Example – Simulation using Linked Lists
9. Lists contd.: Other List Structures
10. Trees: Binary trees, Binary Tree Representations
11. Trees contd.: Representing Lists as Binary Trees, Trees and their applications
previous question papers
1. Computer Science A Structured Programming Approach Using C, Second Edition, Behrouz A. Forouzan and Richard F. Gilberg, , Thomson, 2003
(Chapter 9.1 to 9.9, Chapter 10.1 to 10.6, Chapter 11.1 to 11.6, Chapter 12.1 to 12.8, Chapter 13.1 to 13.3).
2. Data Structure using C, Aaron M. Tenenbaum, Yedidyah Langsam & Moshe J. Augenstein, Pearson Education/PHI, 2006.
(Chapter 2, 3, 4, 5.1, 5.2, 5.4, 5.5).
3. Data Structures A Pseudocode approach with C, Richard F. Gilberg and Behrouz A. Forouzan, Thomson, 2005.
4. Data Structures & Program Design in C, Robert Kruse & Bruce Leung, Pearson Education, 2007.